Tuesday, July 28, 2009

WOW! Mark Buehrle

I know that I'm supposed to talk about Fantasy, and I will assess that later in this article. 

I know that Mark Buehrle has always been a very solid pitcher for the White Sox throughout his career. But these last two games have been a little more than outstanding. 

Not only did he have a perfect game (!) in his previous start, but today he threw 5 2/3 of perfect ball also. If you want to do the math, that's 44 straight batters Mr. Buehrle shut down (Take into account that the game before his perfecto, he got his last out of the game (Nick Markakis) to fly out). 45 STRAIGHT!

Well, I'm impressed.

Fantasy implications: Pick him up (duh). If you own him and you don't believe in him, it is a great time to trade him. If you do believe in him, I'd probably stick with him. I wish I had more to say, but I'm at a loss for words...

Until next time,
Peace, Love, and Fantasy

2 comments:

  1. This seems like the epitome of sell high. He had a no hitter two years ago and then returned to mediocrity, I don't see a reason why he won't go back to mediocrity soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In terms of fantasy baseball, it is but it isn't. He has been pretty consistent all year, but this kind of takes the cake.

    When I was trying to figure out what to write, I was thinking, "SELL immediately." Looking at his stats though (and with the knowledge of many people thinking he's a great sell high candidate), he may still be in for a solid second half...

    ReplyDelete